So, I finally sit down to write something that is my sole love in life: FOOD! :D
I had heard A LOT about ‘Pind Balluchi’. Today, my friend, Nupur, took us all to Pind Balluchi, Connaught Place, New Delhi. Here are a few observations of the lunch:
- Overall look from outside: Below average; specially as there is a lot of hype related to this particular restaurant.
- Ambiance: Beautiful! The interior is perfectly suited to the name.
- Menu: The offerings are pretty good in terms of variety.
- Service: Very slow. :|
- Food: a) Taste: Good, but nothing extra ordinary. Your typical Dal Makhani and stuff; b) Quality: Okay! Not very good, including the not-at-all-sour Banta Soda, the ice cold Gulab Jamuns and the Tilla Kulfi with hair in it! :P *yuck*
- Prices: As far as the size of the portions and the quality of the food is concerned, it is not very paisa vasool! :-/
Overall, I will give it a 2.5/5 (as if I am a big food critic! :P) to Pind Balluchi and would anyday prefer a roadside dhaba on the Delhi-Chandigarh highway for the “Pind” experience and awesome-ly priced, great tasting food! :)